Upper Primary Section
English, Hindi and Math
SUBJECTS Offered in Primary:
The school is so structured that the Primary Section (classes I-V), evolves into the Upper Primary Section (classes VI-VIII), which in turn matures into the Secondary and Senior Section (classes IX-XII).
The curriculum encourages students to develop an understanding of key concepts. In the curriculum, at this level, concepts are represented by different examples that share common attributes. In this way, a sound base is built to equip them with appropriate attitude and skills.
The teaching is project based, activity oriented and content centric. Theme teaching is in practice to promote cross curriculum understanding.
The following are the subjects offered by the DPS Aligarh:-
- Language I (English)
- Language II (Hindi)
- Language III (Sanskrit/ French / Urdu / German)
- Social Science
- Computer or any one optional subject (G.K., value education, art & craft, performing art, etc.)
Internal Assessment in the following subjects is done on the basis of the grades of a five-point scale (i.e. A, B, C, D and E)
Evaluation of academic subjects in classes VI to VIII is done both through two terms. Each term shall have TWO rounds of Periodic Assessments (PAs) and one Term exam (Half Yearly/Annual Exam). Both terms carry equal weightage.
The assessment policy shall be followed as per the latest CBSE guidelines and the circulars.
The school offers a wide range of academic choices: Humanities, Commerce, Science subjects in XI & XII.
- Science: English Core, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, Physical Education/ Computer Science/Informatics Practices/Hindi Core
- Commerce: English Core, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Entrepreneurship/Mathematics/Physical Education/Informatics Practices/Hindi Core
- Humanities: English Core, History, Economics/Geography, Political Science, Physical Education/Entrepreneurship